How can I eliminate those labels which contain values from displaying on my map? I only wish to view those labels with values?
Mapping Center Answer:
You can use a SQL query to restrict which features are labeled. From the online help:
"Using label classes to label features from the same layer differently
- Open the Label Manager.
- Click the layer in the Label Classes box for which you want to create label classes.
- Type a name for your new label class in the Enter label name box and click Add.
- Uncheck the Default label class to avoid labeling some features twice.
- Right-click the new label class in the Label Classes list and click SQL Query.
- Click the operators to build an expression that identifies the subset of features you want to label.
- Click OK.
- Click the Label Field drop-down arrow and click the attribute field you want to use as a label.
- Click the buttons and drop-down menus to define the symbol and placement properties of your labels.
- Repeat steps 2 through 9 if you want to create additional label classes.
- Click OK."
If you would like to post a comment, please login.