How do I cut a polygon area within a polygon (like county island) for example?
How do I cut a polygon area within a polygon (like county island) for example? (within a city limits shapefile)
Mapping Center Answer:
1. Start editing the polygon feature class and select the polygon you want to cut a hole into.
2. Change the edit task to Modify feature
3. Set your tool to be the Sketch tool
4. Right click on the selected feature and choose "Finish Part"
5. Now, by left-clicking start digitizing the hole (don't cross the perimeter of your polygon).
6. When you've digitized the last vertex, right click and choose "Finish Part"
7. Right-click again and choose "Finish Sketch" or click F2.
If you would like to post a comment, please login.