Ask A Cartographer

how to symbolize overlook or pull out

June 28 2010 | 0 comments
Categories: Symbology

How can you symbolize a scenic overlook or automobile pull out on a parkway; for example off the Blue Ridge Parkway?

Mapping Center Answer:

One thing you could do is use a point symbol out of the National Park System style that is on the ArcGIS - Styles page of Mapping Cnneter.  I took a quick look through and found a few that might work for you, including "Point of interest", "Roadside pullout", and "Overlook".

If you would like to post a comment, please login.

Contact Us | Legal | Privacy |