Ask A Cartographer

Metallic Symbology

June 10 2011 | 1 comment
Categories: Symbology

I am mapping customer quality complaints for Aluminium Iron and Manganese. I also have to map turbidity which is basically cloudy water complaints. Is there an industry standard for these symbols?

Mapping Center Answer:

If you are making these maps for a client, you could ask them if there is any required standard that you should use to make the maps, or you could do a web search for information about maps made for those industries to see if there are any standards noted online.

One starting point. posted by Jaynya Richards on Jun 13 2011 1:34PM
As far as the commodities like Aluminium, Iron and Manganese, Esri does have a font called "ESRI Commodities" which has at least a starting point for some character marker symbols.

If you would like to post a comment, please login.

Contact Us | Legal | Privacy |