Ask A Cartographer

career in cartography

October 26 2011 | 0 comments
Categories: Cartographic Concepts

I'm getting ready to start school at UTA, and I'm wondering what kind of degree I need to get into cartography.

Mapping Center Answer:

In general terms you would need a good background in geography and GIS and if the program includes cartography then all the better.  You would also benefit from some computer science and programming given the rise in web mapping and cloud-based GIS.

You'll find far more information on the Esri GIS Education Community with links to resources and contacts for the Education team who I am sure will be happy to give you further advice.

Good luck with your studies!

If you would like to post a comment, please login.

Contact Us | Legal | Privacy |