Ask A Cartographer

Converting TIN to raster

November 20 2008 | 0 comments
Categories: Data Modeling, Map Data


I want to do some hillshading but only have a TIN at the moment. I need to convert this to raster. Is there an optimum method using interpolate to raster to convert this?


Mapping Center Answer:

You can use the Tin to Raster geoprocessing tool, if you have the 3D Analyst extension.  There is some good documentation on how this tool works.  It's a pretty straightforward tool, so hopefully it will work well for you.

If you would like to post a comment, please login.

Contact Us | Legal | Privacy |