How may I keep a new STYLE from sorting alphabetically?
How may I keep a new STYLE from sorting alphabetically? I am trying to display in order of
geologic time. I input the colors in order of geologic time, but the style manager re-sorts it to alphabetical order. Look at the attachment as an example.
Attachment: your style vs my style
Mapping Center Answer:
To change the sort order for a given style folder’s content you will need to use Microsoft Access, then do this:
1. Change the style file’s extension from .style to .mdb.
2. Open the .mdb file in Microsoft Access
3. In the list of tables, double click on the table containing the symbols in the folder you want to sort differently.
4. You can either add a sort field or use the ID field, usually a long integer field in either case. Once you have that field with its values, sort it to verify that’s the order you want the symbols to appear.
5. In the design view, change that field to be the primary key.
6. Save the .MDB
7. Change the file’s extension back to .style.
Repeat as often as needed.
If you would like to post a comment, please login.