Cartographic Representations in ArcGIS Engine
A customer will use PLTS Nautical to collect/manage data and to create/manage a number of charts. They want to create applications using ArcGIS Engine to view the MXDs that they will be creating. As I understand it, PLTS Nautical makes extensive use of cartographic representations. I know these can be viewed in standard ArcMap (no PLTS installed). I'm wondering if these MXDs can view displayed and used in ArcGIS Engine applications.
Mapping Center Answer:
ArcGIS Engine supports cartographic representations through the Carto reference library. The interfaces that manage representations in ArcGIS Engine can be found under the following directories:
- IRepresentationLegendClass: Provides access to the properties and methods of a RepresentationLegendClass
- IRepresentationRenderer: Provides access to the properties and methods of a RepresentationRenderer
- IRepresentationGraphics: Provides access to the content of a RepresentationGraphics object.
- IRepresentationMarker: Provides access to members that control a representation marker.
- IRepresentationRule: Provides access to members that control a representation rule.
- IRepresentationRule2: Provides access to members that control a representation rule.
- IRepresentationRuleInit: Provides access to members that initialize a representation rule.
- IRepresentationRuleItem: Provides access to methods defining a representation rule item.
- IDERepresentationClass: Provides access to members that return information about representation class data elements.
Keep in mind that representation capabilities are determined by the ArcGIS Desktop user license.
If you would like to post a comment, please login.