Ask A Cartographer

symbol for Drilling Rig

August 25 2009 | 1 comment

I can't seem to find a 2D Symbol for a Drilling Rig. Does anyone know where it is? Or where I can find on?

Mapping Center Answer:

There is a simple tower symbol that may be suitable for this. Look under the symbol properties of any character marker symbol. Then go to Font drop down in the Symbol Properties Editor and navigate to the ESRI Telecom font. Within the font, the one that may be useful is unicode 35, or the third one in the font itself.

Military METOC posted by Robert Scruggs on Nov 12 2015 7:06AM
Has a Rig Symbol called Oil Gas Rig, its not the best, but it will do in tough times.

If you would like to post a comment, please login.

Contact Us | Legal | Privacy |