Esri Proprietary Rights Acknowledgment
Copyright © 1995—2016 Environmental Systems Research Institute, Inc. All rights reserved. Published in the United States of America.
Esri is a registered trademark of Environmental Systems Research Institute, Inc. Other names appearing on Mapping Center may be trademarks of their respective owners.
All rights, title, and interest in and to the intellectual property rights in Mapping Center, including, but not limited to, any software, data, images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text, service packs, patches, technical support in response to requests, or other information available through Mapping Center, are the property of Esri or its licensors.
Privacy and Confidentiality
Use of Software and Digital Data
You may use any software or data you download from Mapping Center subject to the terms and conditions of the Esri License Agreement. You must click "I accept" on the license agreement prior to using the software and data. If you have a signed license agreement with Esri, it may take precedence over the click-through license agreement. Esri reserves all rights, title, and interest not expressly granted to you.
Use of Mapping Center Information
You may download, view, copy, and print documents and graphics available on Mapping Center solely for your own internal, noncommercial purposes. No part of this work may be reproduced or transmitted for commercial purposes, in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying and recording, or by any information storage or retrieval system now known or later developed, except as expressly permitted in writing by Esri. The information contained in Mapping Center is subject to change without notice.
Some parts of Mapping Center may require you to create and use an account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account, unless access to your account number, account name, and/or password was obtained through no fault or negligence of your own. You agree to:
- Immediately notify Esri of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and
- Ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session.
Esri shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section.
Termination of Member Account and Denied Use of the Services
Esri reserves the right to monitor use of Mapping Center. Esri requires that you follow the guidelines below when you participate in any public forum, discussion group, chat area, bulletin board, blog, wiki, news group; upload scripts or code; communicate with Esri, its webmaster, or employees; access e-mail offered as part of Mapping Center; or otherwise post information or content on Mapping Center. Esri reserves the right to remove any communication or posting that violates the guidelines and to suspend or cancel your member account or access to Mapping Center at any time or take any other appropriate measures in our legal capacity to enforce the following guidelines. Once removed from Mapping Center for not following the guidelines, you may not be allowed to return.
- You must provide truthful and accurate information at all times when participating in the Mapping Center. Using a false or incomplete name or e-mail address, impersonating any person or entity, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity will result in immediate removal of your member account and termination of Mapping Center privileges
- You are expected to be courteous and professional. Abusive, disruptive, or rude language or images including personal attacks or offensive, defamatory remarks, including, but not limited to, libelous, racial, ethnic, or religious comments, will not be tolerated.
- Accounts on Mapping Center are for individual users, and the account's name and e-mail address must be specific to that user. Mapping Center member accounts may not be shared with other users. Sharing member information or allowing others to access your account will result in removal of the member account.
- You are expected to focus on cartographic-related subjects when participating in Mapping Center.
- You shall not upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.
- You agree not to upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information and proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements) or any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party.
- You agree not to upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses, spyware, or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- By uploading, posting, e-mailing, transmitting, or otherwise providing information to a public forum on Mapping Center, you automatically grant ESRI a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, nonexclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, transmit, perform, and distribute such content in any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed. In addition, you warrant that all moral rights that may exist in the content are waived.
The Mapping Center has been produced for informational purposes as a service to Esri end users and the GIS community. Any listing and/or posting of third-party promotional information and/or materials, including, but not limited to, any subpage(s), copy, software, scripts, and/or data, should not be construed as an endorsement by Esri. Any further information and/or support for all third-party information and/or materials listed and/or posted herein are provided directly by the respective third party. Because the Internet is not a secure network, Esri recommends that any materials downloaded from this home page be checked for computer viruses prior to use so as to avoid any potential damage to your system, software, and/or data.
Warranty and Limitation of Liability
THE INFORMATION AND/OR MATERIALS CONTAINED HEREIN ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Esri shall not be liable for direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages related to your decision to use any of the information and/or materials listed and/or posted on the Mapping Center, even if Esri is advised of the possibility of such damage.
You agree to indemnify and hold Esri, its officers, directors, employees, agents, subcontractors, licensors, successors, and assigns harmless from and against any and all liability, losses, claims, expenses (including attorneys' fees), demands, or damages of any kind, including direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, arising out of or in any way connected with your use of Mapping Center.